Call us crazy, call us innovative: We're building customer websites already with Drupal 8. Why? Because we believe that there is nothing better then learning by doing, so we jump into the shark pool and learn at the forefront how Drupal 8 works. Also we're using this as part of our various ways how we contribute, nothing better tests Drupal 8 for the future, then using it for what we will all use it in the future.
Since starting to use Drupal 8 for our first project 1.5 years ago, a lot has changed. Drupal core already has a release candidate as well as more and more contrib modules are being ported. Its still early on, but we can build more and more complex websites using Drupal 8 already. How far will we get when and which modules can I already use, you may ask.
Come to our session and find out about
- The state of contrib modules
- Our best practice modules from Drupal 7
- Which of the modules aren't needed anymore, because Drupal 8 has them integrated already (e.g. Views)
- Which of the modules we can already use in Drupal 8
- Which of the modules are available soon, and finally
- Which of the modules might need a bit longer to evolve